BIRCH GOLD GROUP

Saturday, September 24, 2011

My first time


On Wednesday September 20th 2011 I did my first open mike night at wiseguys comedy club in Salt Lake City. I thought it went well other than I spent a lot of the time fidgeting with the mike stand, the mike chord and thinking to myself, "wow, I can't even see the crowd, I hope these laughs are genuine.

Then I saw the flashlight which indicated I had 2 minutes left. I paused at the end of that joke, then started on a story that needed a full 3 more minutes. The second flash came and I quickly tried to tie things down for a strong closing punchline, and the guy took the microphone.

So, I learned a lot and am excited to get back behind the microphone as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Mountains of Ephraim

In the Mountains of Ephraim

Search This Blog