BIRCH GOLD GROUP

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The New Testiment

I had the privelage of performing for the Church's presentation of the New Testiment. I was drafted most likely because of my height. Apparently, last year a few scenes were taped with 'authentic-looking' Romans. The problem was that the tallest among them was less than 6 feet tall. This time, I was the shortest and the biggest guy played defensive line for BYU last year. The makeup people painted us middle-eastern and we looked much more intimidating. One moment that was note worthy came right after we hoisted Jesus and the Thieves on the Cross. I need to pause and explain the layout of the set. About 100 yards from the Golgotha setup was a fenced crew of Donkies. The donkis were quite inocuous excepting of course the occasional honking fit. One such fit took place just before the actor who played Jesus was about to deliver those last few lines of Jesus' life. Honk, Honk Honk....etc. The director yells cut. At which time I turned to the soldier next to me and stated, "dumb asses". Amazingly, I was not kicked off set, the show well, I had a great time and made a little money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Mountains of Ephraim

In the Mountains of Ephraim

Search This Blog