BIRCH GOLD GROUP

Saturday, August 4, 2012

7/24/12

This was a great day for me. I was able to perform as Emcee for Fairview Idol in the afternoon, then I performed with Dallin and George at the Demolition Derby. Fairview Idol went beautifully. I had many compliments and it was good experience to practice comedy & improv in an effort to make the entire presentation palatable. I did have one joke bomb, but it wasn't my fault. I tolk the joke about skip (the new stud on a job site) and the older worker that was humble and didn't say much. Skip was very brazen in his arrogance, and boasted that he was stronger than any two men on the job site combined. After a few hours of this annoyance, the older worker said, "I'll bet you $100 that I can wheel something in a wheel barrow up that hill that you will not be strong enough to whell back in the same fashion. Skip said, "make it $1,000.00 and you're on. The old guy shook on the bet, grabbed the wheel barrow and said, "Ok skip, jump in". Ya, 3 people laughed - everything else was great. I was lucky to get that experience. The derby was fun as well. It was a long gig, but there were people there which was a change from the last few bar outings our band has encountered. All in all - I had a great time, and my wife was really tired from watching the kids by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Mountains of Ephraim

In the Mountains of Ephraim

Search This Blog